Tuesday 19 August 2014

Tasting wines at the 2014 Food Expo


I went to the Food Expo last weekend, to see what wines they have on offer. I was not on best form as I am still bugged by an upper respiratory infection, which even having had symptomatic treatment left me rather impaired with my sense of smell. Nevertheless, there were some interesting wines, including a sparkling red Burgundy, the third estate of the same name in Bordeaux, a couple of Sardinian wines as well as a number of other wines that caught my interest. Most of the action was within the Gourmet Corner, although there are things of interest also in the other exhibition areas. I must say the crowds were a bit off-putting, especially where there are gourmet items to be tasted at a heavy discount. Nevertheless, although I am unsure whether I have added to my collection of grapes, I have had some interesting vinous encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment