Tuesday 5 August 2014

A most annoying supermarket wine tasting

I had bought a couple of bottles of Burgundy when I decided to see what I might buy for dinner in a certain upmarket supermarket in Central one weekend,when I chance upon some promoter doing a wine tasting there. I proceeded to taste some of their wines, scribbling notes as I go and then photographing the labels. Then the promoter stopped me taking photos of the wines, even after I explained that I was using this for my own record. She then launched off on a tirade about how the purpose of the tasting was not to enable me to do my "research". By that time i had tasted three whites - an Italian Pinot Grigio and a couple of New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. At this I left. There were one or two reds in the lineup, which I could have been interesting in buying. That is utterly her loss. I did not feel it necessary to tell her that I had 2 Burgundies totalling over $1000 in my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment