Wednesday 13 August 2014

Deakin's Sparkling Azahara Moscato

Sometimes my wife likes to use Asti as a party wine, and so I regularly keep some bottles around the house, that and Moscato d'Asti as well. Well, recently our usual purveyor seems to have run out and I decided to try an Australian example for a party that my wife was going to. The one I got was the Sparkling Azahara Moscato from Deakin Estate, but that seemed not to have hit the right buttons. It was a touch too sweet for her and the rest of the party too. Previous encounters with say the Brown Brother's Sparkling Zibbibo was altogether satisfactory, so maybe the parameters that Deakin was aiming for was just a touch too wide for that party. But then, sweetness and fruitiness are all very subjective, so if you want a sweeter Moscato, this may be the one for you. Maybe I should have got her some Moscato d'Asti.

No comments:

Post a Comment