Monday 11 August 2014

A (mainly) Piedmont wine tasting

I chanced by that organic wine store and popped in to ask them to get some Burgundies from their warehouse for me to buy there.They had lined up 4 wines from a Piedmont producer - Giovanii Almondo and a Tannat from Uruguay. I had to go somewhere then and later returned when I encountered a crowd dispersing after tasting.

They had finished the Roero DOCG Bric Valdiana, so I only tasted the Roero Arneis, Barbera and Brachetto from the Almondo and the Uruguayan Tannat. The Piedmont reds were as expected, with the Roero Arneis a bit more astringent than expected. The Uruguayan Tannat was more tannic than expected and more tannic than both the previous examples from Uruguay and from France. I suspected it will take a steak au bleu well in its stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment