Monday 25 August 2014

Another reasonably good Airen


I blogged about Airen some time ago and noted that it was a widely planted grape, mainly all over La Mancha, producing huge quantities of thin acidic wine, much of which ends up as Spanish Brandy. That time a friend and I found enjoyment in a carefully made organic wine made from Airen. I tasted this other wine made from Airen at the Food Expo and thought that Airen cannot be that bad, as this second ever Airen I tasted was also reasonable. I was suffering from a bad cold, so everything was muted as far as the nose was concerned. With a deep lemon yellow colour, an off dry slightly fruity palate with a hint of bitterness, the wine was well supported by an acid backbone with a touch of astringency. Not a wine for contemplation, but fine for everyday drinking and say with some simple seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment