Tuesday 13 January 2015

Chateau Magdelaine 1


This is a wine which I had met a fair number of times. The most recent was the Bordeaux 2006 dinner at the beginning of the month. I also mentioned at the La Lagune entry that I had bought a 1985 wine, and that I could not remember if that wine was held back. Now having checked the wine list of that dinner, it seemed that the La Lagune was drunk, but the Ch Magdelaine was the one that was held back. So much for the 1985 vintage! I did have the 1986 wine the year before, in a dinner at a friend's house in London. I took a detour to a nearby wine shop (one with royal patronage) and I bought along the 1986 Magdelaine as there was a 1982 claret on that evening's wine list. We had the 1982 Bel Air first. Then we had the Magdelaine 1986 which was a nice ruby garnet with dark core. The nose was fruity with vanilla wood with a medium dry slightly fruity vanilla wood palate, supported by a moderately acid backbone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment