Thursday 25 December 2014

The naming of that Jermann Chardonnay

It must have been the time when I looked up Vintage Tunina in my Hugh Johnson Pocket wine book that I first became aware of this eccentrically named wine. As I wrote in the blog about the estate, I met the wine in person a few weeks ago. Dedicated to the U2 album "The Joshua Tree" (1987) and with the name of the wine taking inspiration from a song in it - Where the Streets have no name, the wine (first made in 1987) was initially called "Where the Dreams have no end" for the first nine years. From 1996, the name became" Were Dreams, now is just wine!" for seven years. After this the wine became W... Dreams .... .... (see tomorrow's blog). For further details about the label and capsule, you might like to go to Jermann's website to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment