Monday 24 November 2014

Peeling off to a wine tasting during a conference

The conference talks were not that interesting or that relevant in the afternoon, so a number of us peeled off to explore a number of the other happenings in the Convention Centre. A little excursion to the Christie's Pre-auction Exhibition showed only Contemporary Asian Art which were not really to our tastes, then I went off to the annual wine tasting of a certain wine importer.

The arrangements were problematic this year (I had not attended before); an unreasonable delay for registration caused frustration for attendees. It also meant I had nearly half an hour less for tasting. In the end, I tasted some Chablis, some Franciacortia sparklers, some Sauternes etc, though I need a proper evaluation before I can determine if I will go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment