Wednesday 9 May 2018

Wine from the Austrian Grand Priory of the Order of Malta


Being a Knight of Malta with an interest in wines, I soon found out that both the Grand Priory and some of the other national organizations have vineyards and produce wines. Although I have found out much from the Web, this was the first occasion I have seen a bottle of wine from one of these sources, this time the Grand Priory of Austria. From the Web, I understand that Lenz Moser produces these wines, but I had not been able to find them in Hong Kong.

I was chasing up the Missal for the Order, and tracked down a copy at the hotel where the Western Association (of the USA) is staying and bought a copy. This sight greeted me on the opposite side of the room - a Blauer Zweigelt wine of  the 2015 from the Commanderie of Mailberg. Prior to this, I had obtained from the people at the stall of the Hotel Solitude a contact for getting these wines. I hope we will see them in Hong Kong soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment