Friday 11 May 2018

Another Wine Box from Bordeaux


Last year I blogged about getting a bag of Bordeaux AC wine from France (I cannot remember if it was from Pau or Bordeaux). Well this year, there were no wine bags from the supermarket I visited in Bordeaux, but the more conventional wine boxes. Apart from the basic AOC types (Bordeaux and other regions), I was pleased to find a box of a less basic appellation - Blaye- Cotes de Bordeaux. Having only limited luggage space, that was of course the box I bought. One could also see this was a supermarket own brand selection from Carrefour; I suppose wine is considered an important enough product to go and source an own brand line. That said, Marks and Spencers is one of the chain stores you find own brand wines here in Hong Kong.

We tried the wine on the day I landed - it was a deep purple ruby with a sweet acid fruity nose. The palate was soft sweet fruity with a smattering of tannins and acid, bolstered by a soft acid tannic backbone. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment