Friday 16 February 2018

Saint Mont


I saw this wine on the shelves of the Tesco joint venture supermarket chain here in Hong Kong. I had already blogged about their interesting wines before. Now Saint Mont is somewhat familiar yet not really an appellation that I am acquainted with. The familiarity stems from other named with Saint Mont of something similar in it (such as St Croix du Mont, an AC opposite Sauternes for similar nobly rotten sweet wines) Actually having found out that the AC is actually in the vicinity of Lourdes, I found that its previous incarnation (as the VDQS of Cotes de St--Mont) was mentioned in a previous entry, which incidentally used the same picture as the second ever entry in this blog. Listing a cepage of the two Mansengs with Arrufiac and Petit Courbu, I will ceretainly go back and buy a bottle to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment